“Web Site” is referring to https://www.paramountblinds.co.uk.
“Cookies” means a small text file placed on your computer by Paramount Blinds when you visit Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to; Account details and information submitted using any of our Services.
Appointed Data Protection Officer
The following individual is responsible on behalf of Paramount Blinds for all matters relating to the General Data protection regulation and for the security of your personal information.
Name: Mr Mohammed Saqib
Address: Paramount Blinds Ltd Unit 15 Shaftmoor Industrial Estate Birmingham B28 8SP
Who we are
We are a window blinds manufacturer and specialise in all types of blinds. Our services include:
- Made to Measure Blinds
- Domestic and Commercial Blinds
- Home Appointments
What is a privacy notice?
Paramount Blinds recognise and value the importance of protecting personal and confidential information in all that we do and takes care to meet its legal and regulatory duties. This policy is one of the ways in which we can demonstrate our commitment to our values in being transparent and open.
What information we collect and why?
We may ask for or hold personal information about you which will be used to support delivery of services to you and also to ensure that the appropriate high level of service is adhered to.
The information collected may include:
- Your Name
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
Paramount Blinds will not send information or market services to you that is not relevant to the service of which you have expressed an interest in unless you have otherwise requested that we do so at any prior stage.
Where is your data stored?
Your personal data is retained in a secure electronic format and access is strictly restricted to users within our organisation only.
- Paramount Blinds will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.].
- The security of your personal data is essential to Paramount Blinds, and to protect your data, Paramount Blinds take a number of important measures, including the following:
- We use an SSL Certificate issued by Lets Encrypt.
- We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic;
- We use Antivirus/Firewall software to monitor our systems/email servers 24 hours a day. It monitors for viruses, malicious code and spam;
- We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Our use of data
Any personal data that you submit via any digital route such as social media or our web site or provide to Paramount Blinds will be retained for as long as you use its services and any data submitted via any other form of communication may be retained for a longer period.
Paramount Blinds will NOT sell your details to any third parties.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to other third parties.
All of your personal data is stored securely and in accordance with the principals of the General Data Protection regulations.
- Under the GDPR, Paramount Blinds must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for Paramount Blinds performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Paramount Blinds use of your personal data, or because it is in Paramount Blinds legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Supplying Paramount Blinds products to you. Your personal details are required in order for Paramount Blinds to enter into a contract with you.
- Providing and managing your account.
- Providing your access to Paramount Blinds website
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- To help you with deliveries and fulfil your orders.
- In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
Breaches of Confidentiality
Paramount Blinds recognises that occasions may arise where individual workers feel they need to breach confidentiality. Confidential or sensitive information relating to an individual may be divulged where there is risk of danger to the individual, a volunteer or employee, or the public at large, or where it is against the law to withhold it. In these circumstances, information may be divulged to external agencies e.g. police or social services on a need to know basis.
Where a staff member feels confidentiality should be breached the following steps will be taken:
The staff member should raise the matter immediately with their Line Manager.
The staff member must discuss with the Line Manager the issues involved in the case and explain why they feel confidentiality should be breached and what would be achieved by.
breaching confidentiality. The Line Manager should take a written note of this discussion & inform the recommender or account.
The Line Manager is responsible for discussing with the worker what options are available in each set of circumstances.
The Line Manager is responsible for making a decision on whether confidentiality should be breached. If the Line Manager decides that confidentiality is to be breached then they should take the following steps:
The Line Manager should contact a Managing Director. The Line Manager should brief the Managing Director on the full facts of the case, ensuring they do not breach confidentiality in doing so. The Line Manager should seek authorisation to breach confidentiality from the Managing Director.
If the Managing Director agrees to breach confidentiality, a full written report on the case should be made and any action agreed undertaken. The Line Manager is responsible for ensuring all activities are actioned.
If the Managing Director does not agree to breach confidentiality then this is the final decision of Paramount Blinds.
Paramount Blinds will monitor this policy to ensure it meets statutory and legal requirements including the General Data Protection Regulations. Annual training on the policy will include this aspect.
Breaches of this policy will be dealt with under the Grievance and/or Disciplinary procedures as appropriate.
Changes in business ownership
Any newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you. If any Data submitted by Users, it will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Controlling access to your data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
sharing Data with third parties.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Your right to withhold information
You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
Security of your data
Data security is of great importance to Paramount Blinds and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
Access to your own data
You may request from Paramount Blinds at any stage access to your own data, requesting to know what data the group of businesses holds about you, you may also request and are well within your rights at any stage that Paramount Blinds amend or remove any personal data held about you by writing to the following address,
Post: Paramount Blinds Ltd Unit 15 Shaftmoor Industrial Estate Birmingham B28 8SP